Tuesday 6 May 2014

The Student Life...

So this is my first blog; and I wanted to do something that is an accurate representation of my life. To be honest, the main thing that dominates my life at the moment is of course: EDUCATION.

I am currently a Year 12 student; which of course means AS!!!
As a year 12, I spend 7 hours at school each day, 5 days a week; this seems fine - just like any other school year... but, you know what, it isn't - not at all.
On top of my 7 hours a day at school; there is at least 2 hours of work when I get home; sometimes 3 or 4. Then, there is the weekends - a time that is supposed to be spent with family/friends; having fun in the sun (during our 2 day English summer)... as an A level student; my weekends no longer consist of 'laughs' and days out - they consist of homework, revision and essays.

ESSAY UPON ESSAY UPON ESSAY!

And as someone who is studying essay-based subjects; I can tell you - essays are dull after a while... and that is coming from someone who enjoys writing essays - I love writing and being creative (hints this blog); and it's a good job I do - because if I didn't, I sure wouldn't be doing A levels anymore!

Okay so, as I said - I am studying essay-based subjects; these are: English Literature, Psychology, Sociology and Geography.

Quite frankly, these subjects can be incredibly daunting and pressurised at times... especially when you have a week to write an essay for each subject! But, the key to tough subjects is remembering your goal - I cannot stress quite how important it is to have an ambition/aspiration; whether it be to get into University, get a certain job or just to achieve a personal target.

This target will really help you pull through sixth form and maintain the motivation that you need to be a successful, high-achieving student.

Happy Revising!

No comments:

Post a Comment